Rider Blades for Thinset, DrySet, Leveler and Patch
Attempting to remove thinset, dryset, leveler or patch is a job that “separates the men from the boys.” A properly outfitted Renegade® Riding Scraper will generally remove enough of this type of material for your next install without the need to bring in a grinder. To achieve this goal you will find three approaches:
- Start with a Flat Blade 3 inches x 6 inches (SKU 6290). For most jobs, once the bulk of the ceramic or stone is up, a Flat Blade would remove the remaining flooring and enough thinset for the next floor.
- The next step would be a 1 inch x 4 inch Flat Blade (SKU 7091) if you need something more. This increases leverage (as it is narrower) and reduces flex since there is far less bend in a blade that is 1 inch deep vs. 3 inch deep. The 1 inch Blade is an excellent option for the small patches that might remain after the first pass.
- The very popular Carbide Tipped Straight Shank (SKU 7072-2 ) are designed for extremely hard thinset or patch. These would offer the hardest edge available but are not recommended as your first choice due to their price, size, and the fact that they can gouge the substrate if used improperly. The most desirable Carbide Tipped Straight Shank is 2 inches wide yet larger machines have been known to use wider tooling (3 in., 4 in. & 6 in.) in some cases. As with all aspects of this equipment, every job will be a little different and you will get a feel for what works best. Anytime you need assistance, our world class support team is happy to assist.
Consider this: Our tooling never attempts to remove thinset, dryset, leveler or patch simply by using blunt force. Other riders may rely on simply using a steel chisel or other blunt instrument. While this can be helpful on some floors, our patented tooling allows removal of the hardest coatings, with minimal scarring to the slab. In turn, making you look great to the customer.
For more specific information on your use case, call us at 800-580-4839
Find individual blades in this family here:
- 6270 Heavy Duty Thinset Blade 1.5 in x 3 in
- 6271 Heavy Duty Thinset Blade 3 in x 6 in
- 6273 Heavy Duty Thinset Blade 3 in x 11 in
- 6290 Flat Blade 3 in x 6 in
- 6291 Flat Blade 3 in x 8 in
- 6292 Flat Blade 3 in x 12 in
- 6293 Flat Blade 3 in x 14 in
- 6294 Flat Blade 3 in x 27 in
- 7072-2 Straight Shank with Carbide Tip 4 in x 2 in
- 7072-3 Straight Shank with Carbide Tip 4 in x 3 in
- 7072-4 Straight Shank with Carbide Tip 4 in x 4 in
- 7072-6 Straight Shank with Carbide Tip 4 in x 6 in